Saturday, November 3, 2007

MonoRail

In the last post I wrote about Active Record for C#. I would like to mention that from the same supplier there exist also other projects. Among them there is a framework which is called "MonoRail". As far as I understood it makes it possible to develop web applications in a Ruby on Rails like way by having MVC pattern and Action Pack. I think that this could be a big help for the development because it separates the model, the view and the controller which makes the code more readable and change tolerant. Unfortunately I did not have time to try it out, but as soon as I have some I definitely want to try it.

I also found another framework which aims to "help a website to build itself". It is called SubSonic and tries to port the "best" things of Rails to C#. The description sounds very interesting and I definitely would like to give it a try. But the time, the time... :-)

Related Links:
Castle Project Home
MonoRail Home
SubSonic Home

No comments: